A newbie from Wales, UK

Started by Jsouthco, February 18, 2011, 06:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsouthco

Hi All,

Well I just wanted to introduce myself all the way from Cardiff, Wales in the UK as a newbie to the art of smoking and Bradley Smokers. I've been hanging around here for a few weeks and now that I have the BS all ready to roll thought it was time I signed up formally. My shiny new Digital 4 rack turned up on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to switching it on for the first time tomorrow (Saturday). It'll be "smoked in" for an hour in the morning empty to remove all the newness and then I'll be trying it out for the very first time with a rack of pork ribs that I got from the local butcher today. They are all trimmed and wrapped up in the refrigerator covered in a secret new rub (taken from this forum :D).
I've located my nearest farmers market which just happens to be open tomorrow so I'll be paying them a visit first thing in the morning to see if I can find a good source for all my meat requirements and someone who can prep the different cuts as I need it.
We don't get many opportunities for those hot days and long balmy evenings in Wales ...... but I sure am hopin' to be doing a lot of smokin' ... for all the friends and family.

John.

KyNola

Welcome to the forum John!  You have purchased a great smoker and found a bunch of new friends on this forum.  Any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help.

RossP

Welcome John, you a re going to love your Bradley. Have fun with it and post some pictures for us.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

Welcome John. You are going to love this place. And there is plenty of BS here.......I mean there are plenty of us that are full of BS.......Ooops I mean plenty of us have BS's. Which type of BS did you get. OBS (original 4 rack) or DBS (Digital Bradley Smoker)?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Hi John and welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you'll enjoy smoking.

Q - he said digital 4 rack.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

beefmann

welcome to the forum and enjoy... there is a lot of good information and people that are willing to help, do not be afraid to ask questions

Quarlow

Quote from: ArnieM on February 19, 2011, 08:58:08 AM
Hi John and welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you'll enjoy smoking.

Q - he said digital 4 rack.
Oo my bad.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Keymaster

Welcome John, your gonna be spending a lot of time here ;D Don't forget to take your camera to that farmers market, we like to see things of interest in other country's and take lots of pics of that rack of pork and post them on the forum.

smoker pete

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

fatchef001

Hi John,
          Im Chris and i am from Ruthin in North Wales and i am about to buy a bradley smoker so any advise would be appreciated.

Indy Smoker

Welcome to the Family.  As previously stated, don't hesitate to ask questions.  We're here to help