Broken Trim - Black OBS

Started by GoCobbers95, June 25, 2012, 07:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoCobbers95

Just noticed this...

Don't recall doing it, but who knows... To me it looks like just a broken trim piece at bottom of door.

What are my options?

Any help or direction would be very helpful!

Thanks.

Habanero Smoker

If you are still under warrenty give Bradley a call.

If you warranty has expired, do a search on this forum on how members fixed their broken doors, or you can order a new door.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

It's hard to tell from the pic but are you that it's broken and not melted?

GoCobbers95

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 26, 2012, 02:32:58 AM
If you are still under warrenty give Bradley a call.

If you warranty has expired, do a search on this forum on how members fixed their broken doors, or you can order a new door.

I wasn't sure if bradley would cover something like that... I will check it out.

To my untrained eye, it looks like a combination of melted and broke...

KyNola

Quote from: GoCobbers95 on June 26, 2012, 06:39:23 AM
Agreed.  The left hand side looks like a pretty clean break while to the right it looks melted.  That would be my main concern.  How did the plastic get hot enough to melt?  No grease fire inside your Bradley that you are aware of?

GoCobbers95

Quote from: KyNola on June 26, 2012, 06:59:42 AM
Quote from: GoCobbers95 on June 26, 2012, 06:39:23 AM
Agreed.  The left hand side looks like a pretty clean break while to the right it looks melted.  That would be my main concern.  How did the plastic get hot enough to melt?  No grease fire inside your Bradley that you are aware of?

None that I know of. I have my maverick set to alert me if temp rises above 250 in smoker. Inspecting inside area, all looks very normal. I have done one smoke since noticing this, no problems.

KyNola

I'm sure that some folks who are much more knowledgeable than me will be along to help diagnose the mystery.

Habanero Smoker

If you can find the piece that broke off that will help. Since you don't know how long that has been like that, escaping heat could have caused the edges to melt. Is there any gaps on the inside, where heat could escape at that area.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GoCobbers95

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 27, 2012, 02:08:59 AM
If you can find the piece that broke off that will help. Since you don't know how long that has been like that, escaping heat could have caused the edges to melt. Is there any gaps on the inside, where heat could escape at that area.

I took your advice, and looked for the broken piece. Found 2 broken shards is it. Closely inspecting the inside of the smoker, I cannot see any oddities that would point to a heat loss problem.

asalyer

Hi,

My smoker door looks exactly the same as yours.  I don't know what or how to fix it either.  Can I ask you what you've found out, please?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Arlene