Hickory Smoked Pork Loin Backribs

Started by smoker pete, February 23, 2011, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Checked my little Black Book of smokes and was shocked to learn that I hadn't smoked any Ribs for 5 months!!  :o  How does one go 5 months without some good old ribs?  Found some laying around the freezer so decided to smoke some Naked ribs.

Used the 3-2-1 Method that I learned on this forum ... Why reinvent the wheel?  Rubbed the ribs with Fagundes Seasoning.  Ready to go into the 225ºF preheated OBS.

After 3 hours of Hickory they're ready to be splashed with Apple Juice and foiled before going back in for 2 hours.

Removed the foil after 2 hours.  At this point I would normally slather the ribs with my BBQ Sauce of choice and back in the 225º OBS for another hour.  But today, I chose to leave them naked for the last hour.  Here are the ribs after the old 3-2-1 Method.

The money $$hot ... Half a rack of ribs with a scoop of Cole Slaw and a nice huge Pork Stuffed Mushroom :P  Good eats!!  Had 10 mushrooms but my Daughter-in-Law, Son, and SWMBO wolfed them down.  Luckily I set one aside for the money $$hot :D

The Fagundes Seasoning turned out great.  Don't know why I waited 5 months to do some racks but I know I won't be waiting that long again ;D ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

muebe

Awesome looking ribs Pete. That Giant Stuffed Mushroom looks soooo goooood ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

Thats some gooood lookin ribs you got goin there, the shroom looks N sounds GRRRRRRREAT.

Been a wile sense I've done ribs also, there goin for about $4.00/lb around here.  >:(

Tenpoint5

Still got a bunch of spares in the freezer I think I will give them some attention on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the reminder Pete.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!