How much smoke time per puck or pucks?

Started by Kamhillbilly, February 27, 2011, 08:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamhillbilly

Hi I am in the process of building a propane fired smoker out of old restaurant fridge freezer . Wood fired on one side and propane on the other ,looking into smoke generation on the propane side .The Bradley generator looks like a great option , I was just wondering how long the pucks last , how per hour of smoke approx.? Any Ideas and info is greatly appreciated

There's room for all Gods creatures ........Right next to the Mashed Potatoes

GusRobin

The smoke generator smokes at the rate of 20 minutes per puck: 3 pucks per hour
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Kamhillbilly

Thanks , that makes my decision much easier . about $1.50 per hour of smoke not bad at all I thought it would be much more .

Kamhillbilly

Another question how do these work in cold temperatures (ie 32f and below)

devo

I live in northern Ontario and most winter days are a lot colder that that and so far mine works good. The heating element part is inside the smoker away from wind and such. Only the bisquett feeder/hopper is on the outside

GusRobin

mine works fine but I'll let some of the northern guys jump in. Keepin it out of the wind is usually a bigger problem.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

They work fine in the cold. It is the wind that effects the Bradley. You have a well insulated industrial fridge and it should be fine. Are you aware that Bradley has a propane Smoke generator? It may work for you as well as the eletric since you are going with both kinds of burners.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

howlin

i did my last smoke with the generator in minus 20 celsius and it didnt want to heat up or advance pucks ,i had to put up a tarp and use a space heater.wasnt fujn but the turkey turned out  good
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct