Bradley rack paint question?

Started by wkahler, March 02, 2011, 03:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkahler

Well i have a Traeger and when i smoke my bacon i lay it on two bradley racks upside down to lift them up off the main grilling area a little bit.  The only thing i have noticed is that the past time some of the paint on the racks is coming off and sticking to the bacon.  Now i am sure that the paint is non-toxic and should not be concerned but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.  I spray it with cooking spray this last time and it still had a few issues, so just checking to see if there is a better option out there of if this is a common thing.  Was looking for some racks that are possible just stainless without paint on them.  Let me know guys!!!

These are what i have:
http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Set-4-Jerky-Racks/dp/B000FJZ1C8/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1299065925&sr=1-2
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: wkahler on March 02, 2011, 03:36:35 AM
Well i have a Traeger and when i smoke my bacon i lay it on two bradley racks upside down to lift them up off the main grilling area a little bit.  The only thing i have noticed is that the past time some of the paint on the racks is coming off and sticking to the bacon.  Now i am sure that the paint is non-toxic and should not be concerned but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.  I spray it with cooking spray this last time and it still had a few issues, so just checking to see if there is a better option out there of if this is a common thing.  Was looking for some racks that are possible just stainless without paint on them.  Let me know guys!!!

These are what i have:
http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Set-4-Jerky-Racks/dp/B000FJZ1C8/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1299065925&sr=1-2

The jerky racks have been known to peel the coating. Dont know if Bradley has fixed them. My racks (4 years old) peeled way back then.

wkahler

Are the 4 racks on Bradleys web page stainless without paint??  They look like it!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: wkahler on March 02, 2011, 05:10:32 AM
Are the 4 racks on Bradleys web page stainless without paint??  They look like it!

The standard 4 rack food safe chrome plated will not peel. I dont think they are SS

squirtthecat

I use my (chrome) Bradley racks on my Traeger/MAK all the time..

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: squirtthecat on March 02, 2011, 06:03:42 AM

I use my (chrome) Bradley racks on my Traeger/MAK all the time..

ME TO

wkahler

wkahler

Just realized hope i ordered the right ones LOL!!!  
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/accessories.asp
The BT4XR

squirtthecat

wkahler

Thanks guys!!  Another crisis diverted LOL!!!

KyNola

You might consider ordering some Frogmats to fit those Bradley racks to alleviate any sticking too.

iceman

Quote from: KyNola on March 02, 2011, 06:55:35 AM
You might consider ordering some Frogmats to fit those Bradley racks to alleviate any sticking too.

Yeppers, those mats are great!

Quarlow

The jerky racks you are using now are non-stick coated and if the coating is coming of you should either stop using them or scrub the flaking parts clean.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

As Quarlow has pointed out that is the non-stick peeling and sticking to the bacon.

Over time the chrome can wear off the other racks also, and expose a copper color metal alloy. After the chrome wears off the racks will rust if you do not thoroughly dry them after they are washed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wkahler

Thanks for the heads up guys!!  Im just glade i noticed it before i gave to much of it away!!!