Archery Help

Started by whitetailfan, August 31, 2005, 03:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

I have some issues this year.  I'm going to my local shop to get advice and help, but this place is such an awesome tool, I figured I'd get some extra guidance from fellow hunters.

2005 will be my fourth season bow-hunting.  I bought a used set up in 2002 that was nicely tuned, just had to learn how to shoot.  I have a PSE thunderbolt, shooting Easton 2213 aluminum, with 125gr tips.  Draw weight I'm not sure about - I think +/- 63lbs.

To end my season in 2004, I broke the string (luckily it was going to be a follow up shot on a nice Muley that was hit well enough the first time).  I had the string replaced right away, and I'm just running some arrows through it now to get that last bit of stretch out of the string before tuning it to broadheads.  Since I am nearly out of the original broadheads that came with the bow, and the sights need adjusting anyway, I made the move to 100gr.

My dilemma is thus:  The bow was hitting over a foot low at 20 yrds with a lighter tip of all things.  (Based on last years sight pins)What are the probable causes of such a drastic change?

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Phone Guy

It could be a couple things IMHO. It could be that your knocking point is a little diffrent. If you have a new string you might just have to resight. I use carbon arrows with 100gr broadheads. My advise is to take it by a bow shop and have the knocking point checked. While you're there check on carbon arrows. They may have some you can shoot there and try out. I have a Buckmaster G2. My experience has been, if you have to change something on a bow wether its the string, rest, sights or shafts. You should just resight.