Four Boneless Breasts of Turkey

Started by EZ Smoker, March 18, 2011, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ Smoker

I bought four butterball boneless turkey breast roasts.   Last time I followed STC's recommendation from this thread http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17342.0

And I have to say they were wonderful.   I also add a honey maple glaze, which I believe I mentioned in the same discussion, based on SouthernSmoked's idea in this thread:
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17391.0

I'm doing it exactly the same way this time (except using apple instead of pecan because I'm out of pecan). The turkey was fantastic last time.   I can't wait.
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah! Sounds like another winner!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

EZ Smoker

This is the first time I did four at once.   Took a long time to cook, and I shouldn't have opened the door as often as I did, but the final product was wonderful.   That honey maple glaze gives it a nice sweetness to mix with the wonderful smoke flavor.    Dinner was good, but I look forward to all the sandwiches.  Tomorrow I'll break out the slicer and the vacuum sealer, and I'll be set for turkey for a very long time.

Thanks!
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

squirtthecat

Awesome!   I need to try that honey maple glaze sometime..

3rensho

Those sound mighty tasty.  After having read another post today on trasglutaminases I wonder if those rolled breasts are made with meat glue. 
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

steve-o

Quote from: 3rensho on March 19, 2011, 08:04:39 AM
Those sound mighty tasty.  After having read another post today on trasglutaminases I wonder if those rolled breasts are made with meat glue. 

I dont think so because I recall someone cutting the mesh off and all the meat just fell apart