Help with thermometer. what one do I get?

Started by mike sawatsky, March 07, 2011, 02:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

And no, it doesn't have an "auto off" on it either.

squirtthecat

I just leave my battery cover off. (and stick in a sandwich bag if it is raining)

OU812

Quote from: KyNola on March 08, 2011, 01:39:11 PM
And no, it doesn't have an "auto off" on it either.

I missed that part of your question Corey.  ::)

JF7FSU

I broke off two different on /off switches on the ET 73.  They replaced the first one and I never bothered with the second.  Be very careful with the switch on the receiver.  Not to poop on your parade, but if you are within the return period I would recommend you return it and get the 732.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

KyNola

Quote from: JF7FSU on March 08, 2011, 08:35:09 PM
I broke off two different on /off switches on the ET 73.  They replaced the first one and I never bothered with the second.  Be very careful with the switch on the receiver.  Not to poop on your parade, but if you are within the return period I would recommend you return it and get the 732.
Yep, I broke one too.  Never bothered to replace it.  Just jerked the batteries out after every use and put them back for the next use.  Pretty sure STC broke at least one too.

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on March 09, 2011, 06:49:43 AM
Yep, I broke one too.  Never bothered to replace it.  Just jerked the batteries out after every use and put them back for the next use.  Pretty sure STC broke at least one too.

Yep.  Both switches eventually broke.  That is the ET-73's weakest link.    I forced them into the 'on' position with a small eyeglass repair screwdriver, and just yank one of the batteries from each to turn them off.

It still works great alongside my ET-732 and my old old old ET-72.

CoreyMac

Thanks for the advice but being in Canada by the time I shipped it back with the freight I could just buy another one. I'l just have to be careful and when it finally breaks I'll step up to a 732.

Corey