Lots of Equipment

Started by GrillinFool, August 27, 2005, 02:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrillinFool

Down here in Florida a pretty big super market chain called Winn Dixie has just closed for good. I went into the one down the street today and they have sold off all of the food and are now selling everything else.

If you are looking for big stuff from the deli, bakery, meat dept and anything else you have ever seen in a super market they are selling. I guess this is going on at all stores and they have a few hundred I think. I saw hobart slicers, shrink wrappers, stainless racks galore, just every thing you could need if you have the space. they even had a walk in bread oven that could easily hold two or three smoke generators. My wife says I can not buy the chicken rotiserie with the glass doors. lol i could do alot of chickens in it too!

just a little off the wall info to get your imagination going I guess.

JJC

That's great info, GF . . . even though we don't have Winn Dixies up here, there's probably a couple hundred members who live near one.

Your post reminds me that I had started a topic a while back on Big Sales and Deep Discounts, which I was hoping our illustrious Admin would make into a separate Forum.  There were certain guidelines to avoid conflicts with members who also market/sell similar products (BS and accessories, mainly, since there is already a Forum for that anyway--this one).  Here's a link to that topic:

http://bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1679&SearchTerms=deep,discounts

There seemed to be a lot of support for the idea, so I'm wondering if  it's worth bringing up again . . . Chez--is is this something you would favor and can you do it or do we need to ask John Grakka?  If it does happen, I would place the Forum right under the Accessories Forum.  

Just a thought . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

Winn Dixie has not closed its downtown store here. I know they are closing many stores though.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

GrillinFool

I thouht they were closing all stores but guess I was wrong. Here is a list of whats closing and more info.

http://www.winndixie.com/locations/list.asp

BigSmoker

All Winn-Dixies in my area(Atlanta Ga.) have or will close.  Fortunately for the one here where I live in Gainesville has been bought by an independant and will remain open.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

psdubl07

I'm in favor of the sale/discount section.  It's probably a time issue for Chez at this point though.