Author Topic: Brisket time.  (Read 6416 times)

Offline OU812

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: Brisket time.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »
OK

Now I'm really hungery!

That there brisket looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Offline Habanero Smoker

• Member Extraordinaire
  • KCBS - Master Certified Barbecue Judge
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 01:49:03 AM »
The brisket looks good. Since you already topped it with onions, the following is a link for an onion sauce I got from Cook's Illustrated. It is actually a braising sauce, but if you look at the second recipe, it is a stand alone sauce.

Onion Sauce for Brisket

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Offline OU812

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 05:16:21 AM »
The brisket looks good. Since you already topped it with onions, the following is a link for an onion sauce I got from Cook's Illustrated. It is actually a braising sauce, but if you look at the second recipe, it is a stand alone sauce.

Onion Sauce for Brisket

I have tried this Onion Sauce and it is goooooooood.

Offline _Bear_

• Smoke em' if you got em'
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »
Thanks guys.I made my own sauce, but I wish I had seen this first. I used 12 oz of beef broth, 12 oz can of dark beer (Guiness), 2 large onions, 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, 1 tbsp paprika, 5 cloves crushed garlic. let the brisket slow cook in this for 8 hrs at 220* covered in the oven, remove from the oven. Pour all juice into a pot and simmer on the stove on medium heat for 1 hr, mash all the onions up that are not liquified already. Put in the fridge for a couple of hrs. Skim fat off the top, reheat and use as au jus for dipping or as a gravy base and it is very tasty.
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"