_Bear_

To late LOL, I already stuffed it in

Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Habanero Smoker

For future reference Panchaga's method is now posted on the recipe site. He suggest if it is too long to use the ∩ method, it is often due to a longer then usual flat end. So you can cut that part off place it beneath the rest of the flat for further protection.

Brisket Too Large

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

_Bear_

Thanks HS. I have another issue maby you guys can help me with. My puck feeder is not working correctly. It seem as though it is not moving far enough back for thr puck to fall down. If I do it manually it works fine, but won't work automaticly.
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

GusRobin

Can't help you on the pucks but would make the following suggestion regarding the brisket. I would move whatever is above it up a rack or two and put the brisket in an inverted "U". Stuffing it in flat can end up with the meat touching one or more of the walls. This tends to have the grease run down the wall and could lead to a grease build up or fire.
I usually put in a U shape and it ends up shrinking to size. Or I separate the point from the flat and cook them separately with the point on the higher rack.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OldHickory

I had the same problem early on with my DBS4.  I removed the digital readout and puck advance unit from the cabnet.  I then used compressed air to blow out the puck feed area while I manually advanced the puck feed.  I then added a squirt of avatrol to the back side top while the feed was fully advanced.  This solved the problem and it hasn't returned since.  Good luck.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

_Bear_

It's been in the smoker 3.5 hrs and it has shrunk enough that none of the brisket is touching the walls. Another 2.5 hrs or so and I will pull it from the Bradley and in to the oven for the night.
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

5 hrs in. going to pull it at 6 hrs

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

6 hrs in the smoker and into the oven @ 220* to an IT of 190*

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

GusRobin

looking good - what time should we all be over?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

_Bear_

I'm thinkin about 5:30 PM tomorrow night LOL
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

Habanero Smoker

If the mechanism works when you manually advance the bisquettes, but fails when it automatically tries to advance, the follow tip sometimes works.

Advancement Problems

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

_Bear_

Thanks HS, I will be looking into that today
Well, the brisket got finished cooking at 2 pm this morning (much to my suprise). I was in shock, 12 hrs to get to 190*. I checked several places on the meat the higest was 192* and the lowest was 189*, so it was done. I pulled it, FTC'd it untill 8 AM (6 hrs) pulled it out this morning and cut a few slices off. It is fall apart tender and moist, but I think I would have prefered to leave it in the smoker and finished the cooking in there. Other wise it is great, time to to do some cutting and pulling and vacuum sealing. I will get some great beef dip and gravey out of the juice as well

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

squirtthecat

_Bear_

Thanks, anyone know a good recipie for pulled beef sauce??

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ