The Chicken you call "Sir!" (Or, "Yes Ma'am!")

Started by Smokeville, March 12, 2011, 07:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

Bought these for .88c/lb at the Price Chopper in Watertown NY while on holidays.....

7 lbs 10oz after giblets removed, brined and rubbed (Jan's rub!) ready to smoke.

They just went in the OBS...... Note 6 racks of trout in background air drying.....

Rich

Quarlow

You are cruel to show that this early in the morning.  :D :D :D That is going to be awesome.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

Hey, you smuggling our USofA monster chickens across the border!!??!

That's gonna be good...

Smokeville

Roasters up here are almost always $2.49/lb so it is usually an expensive treat.

What was hilarious about this is that the Price Chopper ad had them priced at .99c/lb but in store they were all marked at .88c/lb. So we bought 6 which was about as many as we could carry....

Then we got to the Fort Drum Walmart, which is "Army" sized. They had roasters at .77c/lb. My wife nearly cried.

Then when we got back across the border, a few days later the ads came out in the newspaper and there was a Price Chopper ad. Across border shopping is popular, at least on things like chicken. So I told my daughter, "tell Mom they have the roasters even cheaper." She knows a good joke, so she said "Mom, there's a coupon and you can get the roasters for .39c/lb this week!"

My wife yells "We're going back tomorrow!!!!!!!!" I almost hated to tell her it was a cruel joke.....

Rich

I expect to eat one of these for dinner tonight.....

Quarlow

You keep pulling jokes like that and you will eat the chicken in one bite.  :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smokeville

Here's the final product.....

It was GREAT!

steve-o

Very nice looking bird, I've done a few whole chickens and I really like the result

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

La Quinta

KyNola

iceman

smoker pete

Great looking bird.  Those guys are huge!!!  What happened to the trout?

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Smokeville

Quote from: smoker pete on April 05, 2011, 07:29:01 PM
Great looking bird.  Those guys are huge!!!  What happened to the trout?

The trout are in the freezer!

Funny you should post this today, as I've now got the last 5 giant chickens on my kitchen table air-drying. I'll put two in the OBS and 3 in the DBS6.

I'm debating on what wood to use. I love maple, but I've also got a lot of Crown Royal. Maybe maple in one and CR in the other?

Rich

ghost9mm

That picture of the finished product, should be on the cover of cooking magazine...darn that really looks good...
                                    Gary
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill