temp reading at 372 and heating element won't come on

Started by Albertabound, March 13, 2011, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albertabound

Hi there.......help please. ready to put Salmon in smoker. Turned on oven and temp reading is at 372 degrees??????????? Of course heating element won't come on because smoker is telling it tha it is already over temp.
Any ideas as to why this wrong reading?
thanks
Harry

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Harry

Sorry to hear your having a problem.

I think your temp sensor is no good. but here are a couple of things you can try

Unplug the sensor cable and clean both ends.

Check the connection of the sensor it is located behind the back cover of the tower.

Try putting an Ice cube directly on the sensor for a minute with the smoker turned off.

If that doesn't work take a lighter and put it against the sensor for a second or two NO LONGER THAN THAT THE SENSOR WONT TAKE THAT HIGH OF TEMP.

Brian.

Albertabound

Albertabound

Albertabound

Tried all of these and nothing changes. I'm a little frustrated with this smoker. After 6 smokes the heating element needed to be replaced. Replaced that and after 2 smokes now this problem.

Quarlow

The heat sensor is inside the cabinet. It is the round button like thing in the back wall.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Albertabound

Thanks,
I figured out how to get at it and the connections are all ok.....................damn!

Quarlow

That sucks man. I would say bag up your salmon and freeze it till you can get it going. It will be fine. I have had to do it when I had to run out unexpectedly.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Albertabound

I suppose I can only get a new sensor from Bradley. Have to wait until tomorrow to call them.

Quarlow

Well Yard and pool probably has them  and he is usually around on weekends. But I would just wait till Monday and get one free from Bradley. I know it is an inconvenience but they will get it to you very quickly.

OBS
BBQ

Habanero Smoker

Hi Harry;

Sorry to hear about your problems. If you are under warranty, Bradley will replace it for free, and can be as fast as Yard & Pool when dealing with warranty problems.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)