Cleaning the generator Caution

Started by car54, September 05, 2005, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I decided to clean the generator and I also took it apart to see what makes it work. The inside was fairly dirty with puck depris and some smoke build up. I sprayed a degreaser on the build up and wiped it clean. Reassembled it and the puck advancer would not stop advancing. It was taken apart again and I checked to see if the advance button was stuck. It was not. I then took the electronic box apart and sprayed some circuit board spray in it. It still did not work properly. I thought at this time Iwould have to buy a new smoke generator. Just for the heck of it, I decided to blow a momentarily contact switch out with air. It worked!!

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by car54</i>
<br />.......... the puck advancer would not stop advancing. ....... Just for the heck of it, I decided to blow a momentarily contact switch out with air. It worked!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I think you have come up with something there m friend!  Excelent infmation.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...