First time jitters and a great looking pork butt

Started by Dr. Spice, March 17, 2011, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggerjams

I agree with Habs that does look like a pork picnic. With the light shining down on the plate that sure does look like one heavenly meal. Nice Job!!

OU812

Thats a good lookin plate of grub you got there and the slaw is were its suppose to be, on the side.  ;D

Havent had apples like that in yeeeeeeears.

Corn bread and BBQ, mmmmmmmmmmmm gooood.

KyNola

Great looking pork and yep, that's a picnic cut.

And my friend Curt is correct, the slaw is properly positioned. :D

Great job Doc!

jimmyb

Quote from: Dr. Spice on March 22, 2011, 06:37:50 PM
Oh, and I tried a new cornbread recipe and it was the BEST cornbread I've had in my entire life!

Do tell about this BEST cornbread recipe ever. It's not good forum etiquette to tease us with a statement like that and not share

OU812

Quote from: jimmyb on March 23, 2011, 09:50:00 AM
Oh, and I tried a new cornbread recipe and it was the BEST cornbread I've had in my entire life!

Do tell about this BEST cornbread recipe ever. It's not good forum etiquette to tease us with a statement like that and not share

What jimmy said.  ;D

Tenpoint5

So that's what it is called. Around here we call it Nepas!!  ;D ;D

Nice looking picnic/pulled pork Dr. Spice
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 23, 2011, 10:58:09 AM
So that's what it is called. Around here we call it Nepas!!  ;D ;D
;D ;D

Dr. Spice

hah hah hah :)

So the picnic cut is down the leg a little bit, where when the skin is on there's the bottom part around the skinny end that goes all the way around? I got this from the Latin grocery store and it was just labeled "pork butt." Will investigate further next time!

Making a new thread for the cornbread!