New here and starting a smoker project

Started by beardude, May 26, 2010, 10:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

I am really interested in your build process and look forward to a step by step build report and lots and lots of photos.  We love photos  ;D. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

beardude

OK the project smoker is halfway through the first phase which means almost functional. Once it's operational I'll start making it more advanced. Anyway does anyone have a preference for thermocouple location? Fridge sized box where will it work the best?

danowood

I am doing the same project but want to use 120v elements. My proofer is 14 cubic feet interior.  18" wide 26" deep, and 50" tall.  I have used two 1000 watt elements in it and only get up to 250 degrees.  what size elements should I get to get up to 350 degrees.?  I'm using an auber ws 1200 GPH pid on it that is only good for 12 amps.  Therefore, I am limited to one element being around 1300 watts and the other I would run straight wide open.one element will get it t
o 150 degrees and the other is undetermined to get the temp I need.  Any suggestions? Thanks

KyNola

1. This thread is 6 years old and 2. why would you want your smoker to get to 350 degrees?