What's YOUR favorite rub?

Started by SmokeDogg, March 25, 2011, 12:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeDogg

Is Jan's Rub good on other things like Ribs, Brisket & Butts???  I have not tried it yet.  Thinking I will soon.

I am looking for some fun new rubs.  For ribs I have used Famous Dave's Rib Rub, and Wild Willy's Number Wonderful Rub.  For brisket I have only used Wild Willy's.  I also have used Wild Willy's and Renowned Mr. Brown on butts.  What are some of your favorite rub recipes for ribs, brisket and butts???

I hope this post doesn't rub you the wrong way! ;D

Thanks!

squirtthecat

For butts I've been using the Salt Lick clone.  Sometimes I mix it with some Head Country championship rub to bring some earthy flavors to the party.

Jan's Rub is good on ribs as well.

TMB

My 3 favorites are "Bad Byron's Butt Rub" , Char-Broils "All Purpose Rub" and "Gun Powder"  .

I have not tried Jan's rub yet but need to,   it does sound good   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

KyNola

My wife Jan and I came up with Jan's Rub so I feel qualified to answer this.  Jan's Rub is good on poultry(we developed it for poultry) and good on all things pork.  I would not recommend it on big cuts of beef. FLBR uses it on hamburgers. :D Have been known to throw it on popcorn and scrambled eggs too.  And pretty much everything else.

Tiny Tim

I like a good belly rub once in a while, and to rub my kitties' heads....oh...wrong kind of rub. 

Been using a lot of Weber's Classic BBQ rub lately, but haven't been smoking again yet.

smoker pete

Gotta admit that Jan's Rub is great on poultry and pork.  I've also lately been using Fagundes Seasoning a lot on beef, poultry, and fish.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Scotty-G

I've tried a few different rubs - even dabbled in making a few of my own but there is one that I keep coming back too.
Everyone always raves about the food when I use it.

Hats off to you Iceman - your Oink'r Rub (Butt Blast) is still a personal/family/crowd favorite around here.

iceman

Quote from: Scotty-G on March 25, 2011, 11:28:07 PM
I've tried a few different rubs - even dabbled in making a few of my own but there is one that I keep coming back too.
Everyone always raves about the food when I use it.

Hats off to you Iceman - your Oink'r Rub (Butt Blast) is still a personal/family/crowd favorite around here.

Thanks Scotty.  :)

pfowl01

I really like the rubs Dizzy Pig offers..........Swamp venom, Dizzy dust, & Cowlick are some of my Favorites ;D

Uncle Pigfat

This is my favorite for pork, but I'm a little biased.  I love Wild Willies on both pork, beef, and poultry (I add ground thyme for poultry).

lumpyk

Trim Tabb's Pig Powder  Use it on shoulders and my ribs.  Also have used it on briskets.  It is a sweet rub wife loves it.

Shasta bob

(Spade L) is my favorite so far but much to learn.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Chili Head

I really like Jan's rub with cayenne on pork, meat smack on ribs, John henrys on brisket, mas guapo on skirt steak for fajitas or anything Mexican. I'm still searching for a great chicken rub.

SoCalBuilder

I really need to make a batch of Jan's, but my favorite store bought so far is 'Rub with Love' out of Seattle. I think it is a little pricey, but the flavor is there. http://www.pacificnorthwestshop.com/pnwfoods/rubwithlovespicerubs.htm

thirtydaZe

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16