E 1 Error Reading

Started by Rudyfo, March 26, 2011, 09:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudyfo

Went outside to last night to start 13 pounds of brisket. I turned on my smoker and an E1 error reading kept coming up. Finally after 15 minutes of dinking with it, it worked. Does anyone know anything about the E1 reading and what it means? Thanks!

Mr Walleye

Hi Rudy and welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the FAQ on the E1 error.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=761#post761

It's usually just a contact issue with the temp sensor wire running from the smoke generator to the main cabinet.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Rudyfo

Thanks for the info! It has been a great smoker so far...I was a little worried there for a while. Sounds like a minor issue! Thanks again Walleye!!!

smokenbob

HI: you should open up the digital box and look for a loose wire, this happened to me when i first got it last xmas just put the wire in hot glued it works great now. hope it hlps

ghost9mm

WOW!!! Don't ya just love the way everyone here seems to want to help with a problem...way to go guys and gals...and thank you all...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

watchdog56

You might also want to check the sensor wire that goes from the smoke chamber to the tower. I had a bad wire and it seems if I turned it  a little it worked, my guess is the wire got pinched at one time and had a bad connection.