Smoke Corn?

Started by Brabus, September 14, 2005, 04:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brabus

Anyone smoke corn? If so, how long did it take?? Did you wrap in foil to protect the kernals?

MallardWacker

Soak in water while it is the husk and just put in the smoker with the rest of the stuff you are smoking and check for doness in a hour or two.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Brabus

Good tips... too bad I husked the corn at the market!! Next time :D

calatexmex

What the heck throw it in the smoker without husk. If you put it in the smoker with the husk, it would probably just steam in the husk without getting any smoke. Just my uneducated guess. I usually grill corn high heat without husk. [:p] Good stuff

Mike C

MallardWacker

Cal,

Oh ya you will get smoke, at least I did.   And you do want some steam.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

calatexmex

I hear ya Mallard. I like a touch of char (aka carmelize) on mine. Maybe smoke per mallard then husk and put on hot grill to get some char. Oh man, I think I just named my posion for this week end. [:p]

Mike C

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by calatexmex</i>
<br /> I think I just named my posion for this week end.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Me be doi'n sum them there chicken thighs and sum of dem Olds beenz..

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas