First smoke of spring

Started by century, March 27, 2011, 08:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

century

Just got a question....doing some baby backs.

It's pretty cold here today and I've noticed that it's been struggling to get up to temp, however it is climbing slowly but surely.

Just wondering after about 3 hours of smoke instead of returning them to the smoker after I've wrapped them can I wrap and put in my conventional oven? Where I have more control of the temp? It's esstenially the same thing, No?

Got family coming over and want these to turn out.

Emil

GusRobin

yes --after you smoke the Bradley is basically just an oven. So if you are only smoking in the first phase the rest of the time could be in the oven.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

chandlersmoking

I was thinking of doing the same thing.  Does anyone heat them up first in the oven and then use the Smoker.

century

Thanks for the quick reply.

Got to say, they turned out pretty good.
My family was late to the party  ::) so they could have been a little more moist but I was pretty happy with them.
Followed 10.5 tutorial, except of course I did the finishing in the oven.

steve-o

Quote from: chandlersmoking on March 27, 2011, 09:22:44 AM
I was thinking of doing the same thing.  Does anyone heat them up first in the oven and then use the Smoker.

I think its best to smoke at the start, from what I remember hearing the smoke takes better to raw meat rather than cooked meat.

Ribs look great Century!!