Looking for members that has fan installed

Started by lumpy, March 27, 2011, 06:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

Quote from: muebe on March 29, 2011, 09:05:27 AM
Pikeman.....That circulation fan setup must make a mini "Smoke Tornado" in that cabinet :o

That is the whole Idea. With my smoke generator cranking 3 alarm smoke and the smoke tornado going on in the smoker I can get the dark mahogany smoke it 1 to 1 1/2 hours after the sausage is dry. I have learned it is very important to let your sausage come to at least room temp and dry before pouring on the smoke. Then to the water bath for about 20 minutes and a couple of hours to bloom and I am done. It would be nice to have all the equipment set up in it's own meat room rather then moving things out and back.

large hog casings summer sausage done with short intense smoke and water bath.

Kirby

pikeman_95

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 29, 2011, 09:11:40 AM
That's Kind of the same idea I have going for my proofer smoker when I get back to working on it. Kirby, what is the cfm for your fan? The one I have is a 70 cfm. I will be blowing the air inthrough the back of the unit reheating the air and sending it back out of the louvers like nepas has in the back of his unit

A typical bathroom fan is 75-150 CFM  My fan is closer to 150-200 CFM I did have to restrict the intake a little because it was moving so much air the motor was getting too warm. By restricting the intake I was able to lower the amp load on the motor and it is doing fine. It still puts out lots of air. The smoker is spinning inside. You can tell this when you open the door fast you can see the smoke spinning. This also very helpful when you are doing jerky.