First Cheese

Started by ghost9mm, March 28, 2011, 08:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Well my wife and tried our first cheese smoke on Saturday and now we wait to see how it comes out..
we cold smoked two hours and then vaccum sealed it, and will wait at least two weeks...

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

MidKnightRider

Looks good. Now comes the hard part,waiting!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

Looks good G9.  Boy, that 2-3 week wait period is rough.

bears fan

Looks good.  The hot pepper one sounds delicous.

ghost9mm

Another week of waiting to try out that cheese, can't hardly wait... :D

Gary
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tenpoint5

G9
When you start your taste testing of your cheese. I have found that you need to start with the softer cheeses first. I think the smoke takes just a little longer to penetrate the harder cheeses.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

You are going to LOVE the smoked Cooper Sharp. Man thats good stuff.  :)

ghost9mm

Thanks 10.5 for the help, I will post the tastes results yummmmm...lol
                               Gary
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: ghost9mm on April 03, 2011, 05:50:35 PM
Thanks 10.5 for the help, I will post the tastes results yummmmm...lol
                               Gary

Once you taste it, you will start rotating your inventory.  I have a 3 week rotation of cheese in the fridge.  Loading up tomorrow with a myriad of cheeses to get back on track.  HPC is awesome the way the heat gets stronger.  If you have access to a slicer, cut it thing and put it on some smoked Baby Boulders. 

If you like HPC, grab some Pepper Jack.  It's softer so you have to watch the temps but the creamy with the heat is unmatched.

Enjoy G9mm!!!

ghost9mm

We decided to give the cheese some more time...Patience...
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ghost9mm

Well yesterday we open the first blocks of our first smoked cheese...we had 16 family members here and now I only have one piece left...one grandson ate one block of cooper sharp himself... :D  Both granddaughters took some back to college... :D and they ate the rest...leaving my wife and I with one block of cheese...Oh well my youngest son used to tell me thats what Dads are for...lol... love em all...

That cheese had 4 weeks of rest and well worth the wait...
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: ghost9mm on April 25, 2011, 03:59:38 PM
Well yesterday we open the first blocks of our first smoked cheese...we had 16 family members here and now I only have one piece left...one grandson ate one block of cooper sharp himself... :D  Both granddaughters took some back to college... :D and they ate the rest...leaving my wife and I with one block of cheese...Oh well my youngest son used to tell me thats what Dads are for...lol... love em all...

Congrats and welcome to doing all the work and watching it walk out the door....but that is what it is all about.  Now you have learned why you rotate your cheeses.  You better get smoking...   ;D

OU812

Quote from: Rckcrwlr on April 25, 2011, 04:59:16 PM
Quote from: ghost9mm on April 25, 2011, 03:59:38 PM

Congrats and welcome to doing all the work and watching it walk out the door....but that is what it is all about.  Now you have learned why you rotate your cheeses.  You better get smoking...   ;D

What Rckcrwlr said.  ;D

devo

Wish I could find some hot pepper cheese to smoke. Seems I can only find small packages and I want a BIG block of it.
You are going to enjoy that cheese

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: devo on April 26, 2011, 07:33:54 AM
Wish I could find some hot pepper cheese to smoke. Seems I can only find small packages and I want a BIG block of it.
You are going to enjoy that cheese

Devo,
Where are you located?  Is there a deli or grocery store that you can hook up with?  They tend to give a deep discount for a block.

Good Luck