Dehydrating in the Bradley

Started by ranchsmoker, June 09, 2014, 12:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranchsmoker

I am new to the Bradley smoker addiction.  I have done some killer brisket and pulled pork so far and will be working on ribs soon.!  I have been reading about dehydrating in the Bradley and thought I saw a post where someone hooked a computer cooling fan where the puck burner sits to aid in circulation.  I have been unable to find that post.  If someone could direct me there or explain how to power the computer fan it would be greatly appreciated.

tskeeter

Ranchsmoker, I'd think that a fan placed where the smoker generator normally goes, to force air into your smoker would work.  Or a fan at the vent, to pull air through your smoker, should work also.  The questions become volume of air movement and temperature, to prevent case hardening of the exterior of what you are dehydrating before the middle is adequately dry.

I did a quick search for 120 volt computer fans and got lots of hits for fans designed to circulate air through home theater cabinets.  This type of fan seems to be "low noise", which appears to also mean lower speed.  Since you're not looking to generate a tornado in your smoker cabinet, it might work well for you.  See the link below for an example.

http://www.acinfinity.com/quiet-cabinet-fans/4-5-inch-quiet-cabinet-fan-kit-airplate-1/

CoreyMac

If your talking dehydrating for things like jerky, that how I do mine. I have a small fan at the top (vent) of my 4 rack to for jerky. You just have to get a good balance of heat and air flow but it works great.

Corey