Heating Element not working

Started by abngourmet, March 28, 2011, 09:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Quote from: TedEbear on June 06, 2014, 04:32:45 AM
Quote from: Spin2Win on June 05, 2014, 08:34:42 AM
When I called, they were happy to take my order for a new $25 element.  "It needs to be replaced periodically, just like a light bulb."
I notice that a reply from yesterday morning has been removed, probably by the author.
Anyway, if you want to verify whether it is a bad element or something else you can remove a wire off one end and use a multimeter to check the resistance through the element.  A working element should have around 27-32 ohms.
You're correct.  The author removed the reply.

DrewSmith70

First time using ours out of the box, we had to throw away about $50 worth of ribs.  We didn't notice the bad temp until about 4 hours in.

Click to see Bad smoker, bad ribs

tailfeathers

Quote from: DrewSmith70 on June 06, 2014, 08:55:04 AM
First time using ours out of the box, we had to throw away about $50 worth of ribs.  We didn't notice the bad temp until about 4 hours in.

Bad smoker, bad ribs
Four hours??????????I realize that you can supposedly "set it and forget it" but I can't fathom how it could take that long to realize something was amiss.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

DrewSmith70

Really?  I can think of a dozen things, including playing golf.

What I can't fathom is how a $400 top-of-the line piece of equipment can fail so miserably. And by the title of this thread, it's not a fluke.

KyNola

Hi DrewSmith, welcome to the Forum.  Is there anything we can do for you today?

Habanero Smoker

Hi DrewSmith70;

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you resolved your problem.

To get the most of your smoker asks questions; there are many here that will assist you, and you may want to take a look at the below link that contains several user and trouble shooting tips.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)