Moving Digital 4 Rack Smoker

Started by zueth, March 29, 2011, 02:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

Just purchased a 4 rack digital smoker and want it on wheels, so that I can move around easily.

What does everybody use?

Habanero Smoker

I use a 3 tier wire shelf utility cart that I got from Sam's Club; but it is not weather proof and though it still functions well, it is covered with rust. Its been a while since I purchased one, and I don't believe Sam's sells them any more.

What you should look for in a cart is something that is more weather proof than chrome plated steel. For me I find that carts with the top shelf around 30" high works best. They place the smoker at a comfortable height. You want wheels large enough so you can push it across the lawn without a small wheel hitting a small rut or stone and tipping the whole cart over. Also look for one that has at least two locking wheel.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

I have a Clarke utility cabinet from the bottom of a tool chest that I have my smoker setting on. I just wheel it in and out of the garage as needed.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

When I need to move the smoker I use a tool cart I got from Menards. Flip the top over so you can open the door and a scrap piece of counter top to sit the smoker on.

devo

I just pick up my 4 rack in my arms and move it. Light as a feather them things.  ;D

TedEbear

Quote from: devo on March 30, 2011, 08:01:54 AM
I just pick up my 4 rack in my arms and move it. Light as a feather them things.  ;D

Yep.  I make sure it is cool first then just wrap my arms around it and carry it while trying not to trip over the dog.

MidKnightRider

Quote from: TedEbear on March 31, 2011, 09:44:59 AM
Quote from: devo on March 30, 2011, 08:01:54 AM

Yep.  I make sure it is cool first then just wrap my arms around it and carry it while trying not to trip over the dog.

Same here
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

Chili Head

Here's what I have mine on. Works great!

smoke em if you got em

Here is what I came up with.

This is an old propane grill after we did a slight modification.
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.