Lost Package, don't know which wood

Started by bradly1981, March 30, 2011, 11:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradly1981

I have a package of Bradley Flavour Bisquettes but i have misplaced the label and I cannot tell which wood it is. Any idea how to figure out which one it is? I assume try burning one and guess via the smoke it produces?

GusRobin

Buy a Kobe brisket, smoke and cook, freeze, ship to my house and I will try to tell  ;D

Soory -couldn't resist. Unless your sense of smell is godd enough to tell, the only way I know is to smoke it. If you are worried about not putting the "right" smoke on your meat, you could always intermingle them with some known pucks and sort of even it out.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Some times you can tell by comparing the looks and/or smell of the loose bisquettes to bisquettes that are fully packaged and labeled. If you can't tell, you can always mix a few of them in with other bisquettes as you smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gizmo

Take a picture and post here.  A couple of the flavors are somewhat distinct in looks and possibly someone here will be able to tell.  Mesquite is one that is more easily identifiable.  Larger flakes of wood and darker.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

I do what Gus does...but I always keep the mesquite and hickory separate.....