buckboard bacon

Started by ruffinit, April 13, 2004, 03:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Sorry it took so long to reply but your new postings did not show up new on my end~~ go figure.

I smoke it from start till the last hour in the T-Shirt. Then I remove T-shirt. Very important make sure to turn it over 1/2 way through the cook. This will help with coloring.

No those are not "sausage turtles" they are the fingers of those who ask foolish questions. Ta Da! *Chez looks around for lost fingers* ....hehehehehe

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

[:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

msiler

Well after much reading (and some more reading) I have finally decided to give this a try. I ordered my BBB cure today, also a jerky variety pack just in case.... I may try and do some "regular" bacon with this as well.

I believe that this may just be the longest ever post on this board. How 'bout it has there been any others that have reached 6+ pages.

When in doubt smoke it.

snapper39

Well there may be a good reason for this thread being so long, the end product is outstanding. I just completed the annual familly fishing weekend and what a weekend. I bagged several 3-5 pound Walleye and treated the whole clan to some BBB, I had made up special for the trip. Boy am I the cats PJ's. The whole clan has not stopped raving about it, in fact I have several orders to produce some for everyones freezer.[8D]
Snap

I'd walk a thousand miles to smoke a "Camel"

ChefJeff

Snapper -You are just bragging after a good round of golf if the BBB was really that good you would offer to ship some to your fellow smokers on this forum.[B)][:0][:0](can't hurt to try)[:D][:D][^]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

Bassman

I'm with you Snap,
I too had great comments on my BBB. We went camping with 2 other couples and I provided the bacon for breakfast. Everyone loved it.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Chez Bubba

Hey! I've got an idea.[;)]

I hereby announce that I am willing to serve the members here as the judge in "Bradley Forum's 1st Annual BBB Competition"![:p]

Send all entries to 57140 Osage Drive, Goshen, IN 46528 by July 31st. Entries will be judged on August 1st and winners announced. Please include preferred preparation method for each entry.

[:D][:D][:D]

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

msiler

Carefull what you ask for Kirk.... your mailbox may overflow with samples.

When in doubt smoke it.

SAMMY C

Going back to MSILER -if you count the bacon thread which started as a Buckboard bacon discussion this thread spans 10 pages. Thats pretty impressive for the Bradley forum. Let's keep the communication on all topics alive! [8D]

msiler

Hey All,

My BBB Cure arrived and I have a but and a small tenderloin curing as we speak.... One question if I want to make Canadian bacon out of the loin what temp should I smoke it too ie.. safe to eat as is like store bought canadian bacon.

Now for the fun part trying to ignore it for 2 weeks....

When in doubt smoke it.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by msiler</i>
<br />Carefull what you ask for Kirk.... your mailbox may overflow with samples.

When in doubt smoke it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">BRING IT ON!!!!![8D]

MallardWacker

mslier,

Check out this thread on the temp thing, they just answered it for me also.

http://bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=322

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br />Bassman,
Nice pics, good lookin' bacon[:p]

You used Buckboard rub.  Any variations ie curing time?

Please elaborate on the Smoke.  Flavour, temp, cook time to reach internal temp, also what internal temp did you reach?

PS - Anyone in Canada find a retailer for this stuff?  I've got two places I have found in Lethbridge that carry Hi Mountain, but it's only been the jerky cures and one place carries the poultry brine, but no one has the Buckboard.  I even contacted Wholesale Sports in Calgary and they don't stock it either[:(]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yabba Dabba Doo
Sometimes you just gotta keep digging.  I dropped into Wholesale Sports again yesterday and found the BBB.  Even though I contacted both stores in Leth and Calgary two times each, no one knew what I was talking about.  However, with the box in hand they can check the SKU number and tell you that it is a regularly stocked item and available at all stores and online[}:)][}:)][}:)]AUGHHH[:(!]

Anyway just an FYI for anyone here in Alberta who wants to try some but not order out of Wyoming.  I think it was 6 or 7 dollars CDN.

Now I just gotta get my hands on some butts and loins and get rubbing!

<font color="red">Just to save Kirk the time (you're on your way to Kummoks right now) insert joke here:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> originally posted by whitetailfan</font id="red">
<font color="blue">get my hands on some butts and start rubbing </font id="blue"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font color="red">"Atta boy whitetail, but when are you gonna start talking about smoking?"</font id="red">

I'm really pumped about getting going on this bacon based on all the reviews thus far.

Anyone have a favorite puck for BBB?

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Bassman

I've only made bacon once and used hickory. It was excellent. Next time I'm thinking Mesquite or maple.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

MallardWacker

White,

I have done both with hickory and maple.  My vote is for maple.
But:

However I've never experienced this while iv'e been making BBB, maybe I'm missing something, maybe to many nitrites or something&gt;&gt;&gt;

<i><font color="blue">"get my hands on some butts and start rubbing"</font id="blue"></i>

This plural thing has got me wondering.

AND

<i><font color="blue">"I'm really pumped about getting going on this"</font id="blue"></i>

I realize smoking is the next thing to nervana and I do get a bit frisky  when I smell pork and pecan in the air but.....

White, I'm glad you are around, you certainly make day sometimes.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...