13 1/2 lb butt

Started by SiFumar, April 05, 2011, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

Been busy smoking this past week but didn't have alot of time to take pics or post.(son and his gf were here for the week)  Here is what I got.

So bought a 14lb butt...trimmed it down to 13 1/2lb.  Slathered in CT and used any spice handy.  Wrapped in plastic for overnight.

In OBS, applying hickory/apple smoke 5hrs.

In the meantime, made coleslaw.

After 18hrs and 5hrs FTM

Shredded yummy.

Lunch next day. (didn't get dinner pics) I like slaw on and off!

Also made 2 racks of moinks and ABTs...this is what was left.

Also did a boulder and 8 bone in breasts(6 hrs) this week but didn't get pics.  Leftovers were vac packed/frozen.  As was about 4lbs of pork.

Son took ice chest home filled with smoked goodies.(cheese was not frozen)

bears fan

Nice.  I will send you my cooler to fill up as well.  Throw a few bud lights in my cooler to please!

seemore

GOOD LOOKING BUTT..................
seemore

DTAggie

I like big butts and I cannot lie...and moinks, abts and cheese.  Great job!

OU812

That 13 1/2 lb butt has gotta be the bigest butt I've seen, in a smoker anyway.  :D

The bark looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

When my daughter comes home from collage for the weekend she leaves with a cooler full of goodies also, just wish she would remember to bring the coolers back.  ::)

SiFumar

I know what ya mean.....son had 3 of our coolers.  I said, ifen you don't bring a cooler back, no food....3 coolers arrived back!  And one was filled with wine for me! Yeah Mom!

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

muebe

I got a 13lb butt in the chest freezer. I wonder how long it will take that thing to thaw ???
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SiFumar

Mine took about 26hrs.  And if the middle wasn't thawed I didn't know...I did put back in overnight with CT and seasoning. So pretty sure was all thawed when smoked.

ghost9mm

That was some beautiful bark on that butt, I can also see love of family here...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill