6 Tbsp Ground Dried apple
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar
3 Tbsp Coarse Salt
1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper

seemore

Devo, you are, like, on a roll with these rubs and sauces!
Sounds like another winner!
Mrs S

jiggerjams

Thanks Devo sounds great. Have you tried it? Does the sugar have a tendancy to burn?

devo

Didn't try this yet but I did find some dried apply slices at the health food store so that's one less thing i need to find.

mhiykmeel63

Ive got to try this rub, been trying to figure out how to get more apple flavor into my pulled pork.

Smokin Soon

I have been playing with a mix of Head Country, Gunpowder with dried apple powder. I did not think any extra sugar would be needed, could be the apples. Next batch will have brown sugar added.

mhiykmeel63

Got the dried apples today and dzapped them in the magic bullet. Will be trying out the rub in a week or so. Thinkin of kickin the heat up a bit....whadda ya guys think?

devo

Every recipe needs to be kicked up a notch.....what ever work for you, just make sure you post how it worked out for you

Drac

Just in time sort of.

Getting ready to do my first butt Memorial Day weekend but now I'm torn between this and GP.

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

squirtthecat

Quote from: Drac on May 16, 2011, 08:16:10 AM
Just in time sort of.

Getting ready to do my first butt Memorial Day weekend but now I'm torn between this and GP.

Jim

Better get 2, then..    :D

GusRobin

Quote from: squirtthecat on May 16, 2011, 08:25:56 AM
Quote from: Drac on May 16, 2011, 08:16:10 AM
Just in time sort of.

Jim

Better get 2, then..    :D
I agree. To me a single butt is a waste of space. Can pull it, bag it and freeze the extra.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.