first taste of gunpowder.

Started by neocostical, April 05, 2011, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neocostical

today I received a box from Tommy (TMB). A couple pounds of gunpowder. I threw it on some chicken and it was great.  I can't wait to try it on steaks!!!! i have a feeling two pounds isn't going to last very long.  Thanks Tommy!!!!!

lumpyk

Been reading all the rage about this gunpowder and finally ordered me some.  I have always used Trim Tabb's pig powder, time to try something new.  Nothing wrong with the pig powder just looking for something new.  I hope it gets here pretty quick want to see if it what everyone says it is.

bears fan

I also took the plunge today and ordered up two 28 ounce containers.  I figured it must be good with all the forum talk, so I got one for the camper and one for the house.

smoke em if you got em

OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

lumpyk

yep ordered mine from the same place.  I also order a BBQ sauce with it as well.  and got a small sample bottle of it free.  I hope we like it better then we did the Carolina Treat sauce.  No one here liked that at all.

smoke em if you got em

What did you not like about the Carolina Treat? I'm thinking about ordering some and I'm looking for input. Good or bad.
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

ghost9mm

We got some from the same place...and we are going to my favorite meat market tomorrow and we called ahead to have them hold some baby backs and 2 nice briskets and the gunpowder will get a good workout...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TTNuge

I got the BIG jug of the gunpowder (10#'s I think...) and I really enjoy it but more often than not I find myself using something else.  I don't have any problems with it personally but I still have a hard time seeing MSG as the second ingredient.  Just seems like there has to be an awful lot of it in there to be second on the label.

lumpyk

It was a very thin sauce, hence Carolina should have known.  Didn't think there was much flavor to it either.  Not a sweet sauce if that is what you like defiantly not it, wasn't a vinegar flavor either. 

squirtthecat

Carolina Treet is really a cooking sauce...  Not a sweet 'dipping' sauce.