Walmart order

Started by Phone Guy, April 06, 2011, 09:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

So.... I knew I was going to make a ham and I was just about out of Hickory bisquettes so I thought I would try Walmarts "Ship to the Store" since they don't carry them locally.... anywhere.
I ordered them on March 24 and was informed that the order would be at the store by the 6th of April. It seamed like a long time but I'm not putting the ham in the smoker till the 8th, no problem. They were $39.99 plus tax. On April 1st I got an email from Walmart stating that the order was delayed and wouldn't get here till about the 10th. WHAT? My ham was thawed and I was planning on pumping and brining tomorrow the 2nd! I need these by the 8th! I called and asked what the delay was and the Gal I talked to couldn't tell me. I thought I could just order from somewhere else and still get them by the 8th. I asked to just cancel the order and my plan was to place an order from some other Vendor. "I can't cancel the order. It's already being shipped" She said. WHAT?! So She puts a Supervisor on and he said he could cancel the order no problem.... or...... give me 50% off the order. Huh? (Did he just say 50% or 15%?) Either way I thought I will eventually use them so I said if he was willing to do that I would keep the order. Well It was 50% off, not just the Bisquettes but the tax as well. Great...So I dug through my supplies at home and found l still have a 120 pack of Apple and enough Maple to smoke the ham so I thought Maple it is.

Wait!!!! I got an email on the 5th from Walmart. The order is at the store and ready for pickup!!!! WHAT??? Sure enough the 120 pack of Hickory Bisquettes is now at home waiting to be used.... I explained the whole situation to the guy at Walmart who just said "I guess you got a good deal"
I don't feel bad either. It wasn't my idea. I doubt this will ever happen again. If you order the ship to store from Walmart make sure you are not in a hurry.

OU812

Sounds like you got a heck of a deal and I wouldnt feel a bit bad about that.

Aint got one good thing to say about that store chain.

jiggerjams

Good for you. It is the least they could do for the stress they caused you.