Smoking a chicken then finishing off in the Big Easy

Started by _Bear_, April 09, 2011, 12:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Great looking hen, I,v also been doing my chicken that way love how tbe finishes it off. Just a tip about tbe try to keep the food inside the basket about 4in off the bottom it will cook more evenly. The bottom has a dead zone and doesn,t cook as evenly. ;)

muebe

Bear do you have the leg racks for TBE? I do my chicken legs (15 at a time) this way and they are awesome ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

zueth

whayek

ok ok...umm.what is a big easy?...is it a deep fryer?..that chicken looks great!
Little Chief
Big Chief
(Current) Bradley Smoker

TMB

Quote from: whayek on May 12, 2011, 06:52:05 PM
ok ok...umm.what is a big easy?...is it a deep fryer?..that chicken looks great!
TBE and SRG are both INFRARED cookers not deep fryers.   They use INFRARED to fry things like turkeys, chickens, ribs, roast and whatever you want to try.

Bradley Smoker and TBE/SRG are the perfect combo!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

whayek

Little Chief
Big Chief
(Current) Bradley Smoker

forkliftdriver

ok, just bought a chicken  ;D.   so now i need to know how much smoke to put on it.  thanks!!

I saw the three hour in the smoker part, but that sounds like a LOT of smoke for a little bird ;)

zueth

I have a question on the TBE, how do they compare to deep frying with peanut oil for flavor?

I have deep fried many of turkeys with peanut oil and I am wondering if you would get the same flavor with a TBE?

Quarlow

The BE is an oilless cooker. You could rub the bird with peanut oil and even baste it a couple of times if you like. Or you could go with a brined turkey. I had never brined and turkey before Easter so we tried it. It was aewsome and we also smoked it for 2 hours before putting it in the big easy. Best, juiciest, tastiest, turkey I have ever eaten.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

_Bear_

Quote from: zueth on May 16, 2011, 04:59:32 PM
I have a question on the TBE, how do they compare to deep frying with peanut oil for flavor?

I have deep fried many of turkeys with peanut oil and I am wondering if you would get the same flavor with a TBE?

I deep fried many turkeys in peanut oul befor I bought TBE, in my opinion the bird comes out of the oiless deepfryer tasting better
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Quarlow

We brined one for easter. I have never brined before. I came out pretty dark coloured which freaked me out. I thought it was way over done and my thermos were wrong. But it was awesome. The flavour was great. I will brine again, but I am juat as happy with a rub of oil and some shake on spices. I have never had a deep fryed, but I don't think I am missing anything. They come out so good how could a deepfryed be better.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ghost9mm

I keep seeing these beautiful birds coming out of these oilless fryers and words like just as good as a oil fryer, I guess I am going to have to get me one...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TMB

Quote from: ghost9mm on May 23, 2011, 06:04:13 PM
I keep seeing these beautiful birds coming out of these oilless fryers and words like just as good as a oil fryer, I guess I am going to have to get me one...
Get one best companion you can buy for a Bradley!  I'd go for an SRG since you can do more with it. 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!