Smoking a chicken then finishing off in the Big Easy

Started by _Bear_, April 09, 2011, 12:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Correction: better than a deepfryer. You don't have to deal with all the hot oil and you add no calories to the bird. I know I know, you don't get an oily bird cause the heat seals the bird but you know that there will be some aborption. You won't be sorry for getting one at all.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smokin Soon

QuoteGet one best companion you can buy for a Bradley!  I'd go for an SRG since you can do more with it. 

Either way you go, you will not regret it if you cook a lot of Chicken or Turkey. Wings smoked in the Bradley and cooked in the TBE are hands down the best!

OU812

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 23, 2011, 09:11:41 PM
QuoteGet one best companion you can buy for a Bradley!  I'd go for an SRG since you can do more with it. 

Either way you go, you will not regret it if you cook a lot of Chicken or Turkey. Wings smoked in the Bradley and cooked in the TBE are hands down the best!

What SS said.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on May 24, 2011, 07:02:37 AM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 23, 2011, 09:11:41 PM

What SS said.
DittoX2
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Scotty Dog

I am going to do two birds this week and place them in the TBE.  I found a great deal on a TBE last year right after Thanksgiving weekend at Lowe's.  There were two left and marked down to $29 each.  I purchased one and wish I had bought the second as a backup.  I love to do chickens in my TBE but now will look forward to doing them with smoke first.

Quarlow

Prepare for orgasm. That will be the best chicken you ever eat.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Scotty Dog

3 hours with Alder Smoke at 220 until IT was 135.  Transferred Basket to heated TBE for additional 45 min and IT was 170.  Pulled bird out and rest for as long as I could stand it, (10 min).  Ate both wings a leg, and most of one thigh.  I will let the rest cool and refrigerate for another day. I have a second bird with Jan's Rub waiting for it's turn tomorrow.

The chicken was excellent and had a nice crisp skin.  Probably could have stopped after two hours of alder smoke.  I will try maple on the next bird.

OU812

mikecorn.1

Nice color on that bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike