1 pint vinegar
4 oz black treacle
4 oz dark soy sauce
2 oz tamarind pulp
3 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 crushed anchovy
6 tbsp water

Place the onion, the garlic, the mustard seeds, the red pepper flakes, the peppercorns, the ginger, the cinnamon, the cloves and the cardamom on a large piece of cheesecloth and tie in a little bag.
In a large saucepan, combine the spice bag with the vinegar, the molasses, the soy sauce and the tamarind. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes. Mix together the salt, the curry powder, the anchovy and the water. Add to the liquid in the saucepan. Remove from heat. Pour the contents of the saucepan (including the spice bag) into a stainless or glass container.
Cover tightly and place in the refrigerator for two weeks, mixing from time to time and squeezing the spice bag. After the two weeks, remove the spice bag and bottle the sauce. Keep in the refrigerator and shake well before use.

Quarlow

It all looks good except the parts that are in wingdings.  :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SoCalBuilder

You are one ambitious son-of-a-gun! You even had me googling black treacle ??? I'm sure it tastes great, but I think I'll have to take your word for it :D

bears fan

Wow.  I don't even know what some of these things are.  Some things might be easier and cheaper just bought that are mass produced.  I'm thinking this might be one of them.

devo

The recipe was taken from a UK site so i'm sure some things would be hard to get or is called something else in north america. It would be something for one of you old retired F*rts to give a try  ;D