Carolina Treet recommendations

Started by gbritten_nh, April 16, 2011, 10:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbritten_nh

I was on a business trip to South Carolina last week, and picked up some CT original, and some CT South Carolina Style which is mustard based (and does not describe itself as a cooking BBQ sauce in contrast to the original).

I was thinking of using them on some Spareribs, but have not purchased any meat yet to use them on, anybody have any recommendation for the best meat to use them on?

squirtthecat

I've used it on ribs, chicken, turkey, pork butt, meatloaf, shrimp...    It would make a brick taste good!

I wasn't as crazy about the SC CT.  It was a bit sour for my taste - probably because of the mustard.

ghost9mm

We have used it on pork, beef and chicken and thought is was as good as it gets...never thought of a brick .. :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

gbritten_nh

STC, I think I will use the SC style in moderation, Mustard is the number one ingredient on the list.  Might be good for a mustard slather, I bet.

SiFumar

My answer of course is chicken!  Especially after smoking, put it on and grill to crisp skin.  And the pork butts I have done got it.  And just marinated on pork chops, grilled, no smoke.  Moink balls dunked in it and smoked/grilled too.

Smokey the Bear.

I use it on ribs and chicken but i love the way you can layer it to build up the flavor.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

NePaSmoKer

The SC Treet is more of a sauce for applying after the Q or for a dipping sauce.

Now the original CT i been know to drink straight  :D  :D