Bradley Cold Applewood Smoked Sriracha Hot Sauce and Eggs

Started by muebe, April 16, 2011, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

So I needed to smoke six hardboiled eggs for some Scotch Eggs I am making tommorow. I figured I would also smoke my Sriracha Hot Sauce while I was at it ;D

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

DisplacedCoonass

Never did I think of smoking Sriracha....if there's a way to improve upon that sauce, smoking would be it.   Mmmmm...Sriracha, damn that stuff is good.

howlin

x10 for scriracha.i crave it daily.how did t turn out.(im sipping mine out of the bottle as i type)drool
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

muebe

I put it back in the container and it did take on a darker color :o I gave it a taste and it had a good smoke flavor. I think it will take on a deeper flavor after a few days as most cold smoked things do ;D
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

RossP

Keep us posted on the sauce, I have four bottles of it sitting on the pantry. I need a reason to fire up the smoker this weekend.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

muebe

Quote from: RossP on April 23, 2011, 08:06:05 PM
Keep us posted on the sauce, I have four bottles of it sitting on the pantry. I need a reason to fire up the smoker this weekend.

Ross

The sauce is excellent! It has a great flavor. I would smoke a couple of hours. I only smoked one and it could have used more smoke ;)

La Quinta

Maybe use a stronger wood? Like hickory? And smoke the same amount of time? Just thinking out loud...I think I'm gonna try it...I can't cold smoke anymore but...I can't see how it would make a difference to hot smoke...right?

Habanero Smoker

Also if you use a larger pan with lower sides may help. The lower sides allows the smoke to curl around over the surface, and the larger pan increases the amount of exposed area for the smoke to come in contact with.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

muebe

I did stir the sauce every 15 minutes... but Habs is right more shallow pans will work better ;)

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 24, 2011, 01:36:06 AM
Also if you use a larger pan with lower sides may help. The lower sides allows the smoke to curl around over the surface, and the larger pan increases the amount of exposed area for the smoke to come in contact with.

I love the idea and will take habs suggestion under advisement.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

SiFumar

Sounds great!  I was also thinking maybe poking holes above the sirracha.  You guys think of everything to smoke!