All You Can Eat Smoked Riblets

Started by OU812, April 13, 2011, 01:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Another of my favorits, Riblets.

5 lb with my rub.

And 5 lb with Soileaus, thanks Pat

Dinner time! Served with some cheesy smashed taters, cauliflower and a pepperoni roll made with my sweet dough starter stuffed with pepper jack and homemade pepperoni.

This is all thats left after my son and his wife and me and mine were done.

My rub

Soileaus

Every one but me thought the Soileaus was to hot but me, well my son did finish one.  ::)

ArnieM

Good looging ribs and plate Curt.  I tend to go a little light on the Soileau's; basically cayenne, salt and spices.  Love the stuff though.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SoCalBuilder

Okay... where do you get riblets? The only place I have ever run into them is at Applebees and I really like them, but have never seen them in a store. If I went to a butcher and asked for them, would I get a funny look? Are they leftovers from another cut? What gives?

Thanks in advance - Randy

OU812

Randy;

I get the riblets at No Frills Suppermarket here in town and see them every where come grillin time.

They come in a 10lb box.

They come from the upper part of the back between were they separate the baby back ribs from the spine, some times called feather bones or rib tips.

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

pensrock

I love riblets but its very tough finding any around here. They look great.  :)

OldHickory

Those riblets and that plate of food look great.   
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

ghost9mm

They really look good, think I may have to check with my butcher...thank you...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

GusRobin

Are they sold as riblets or is there another name for them?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OU812

Quote from: GusRobin on April 15, 2011, 06:12:20 PM
Are they sold as riblets or is there another name for them?

Round here there nowa days there called riblets, when I was younger they were called feather bones but dont see em called that anymore.

They are like eating BB ribs with flat bones.

Love em.

jiggerjams

That looks great Curt. Whoa!! does Taz ever sound pi$$ed that he missed out on this one  ;D

Those look different to our riblets up here in Ontario. Ours are a triangle shape and have tubes (arteries?) running through them with little meat on them. Not very appealling at all.

OU812

Quote from: jiggerjams on April 15, 2011, 08:54:13 PM
That looks great Curt. Whoa!! does Taz ever sound pi$$ed that he missed out on this one  ;D

Taz was taking a bath.  :D

pensrock

Applebees restaurant makes some pretty good riblets. When I was traveling I would try to stop and get some.