cold smoke salmon - hunting a lost recipe

Started by sparkplug, April 21, 2011, 02:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkplug

Hi Guys,

I made the most amazing cold smoked salmon from a recipe i found on here and very stupidly I didn't make a note of it. :(

It would have been at least a year and probably more like two years ago.

What I remember of the recipe was that the fish was cut into 1" strips and was either brined in vinegar or washed in vinegar after brining for something like an hour. I remember that the fish was then left out to form a pellicle and dry slightly before smoking.

I sort of think that there was some ginger in the recipe and maybe some soy sauce (but I'm less convinced about the soy)

Does any of this sound familiar?

I remember that the original poster was from the US (I know most of you are, but I'm trying to put down as many facts as I can recall!)

I've done a search - but frankly my memory is too vague to have found the right thing. The whole process was relatively quick and I know that I did the whole thing from start to finish in the course of an afternoon. There was no overnight brine or 17 hour smoke process...

Any suggestions gratefully received while I continue in vain to enter relevant search terms!

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes