DTW's first Brisket.

Started by Dogtiredwoof, April 17, 2011, 05:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogtiredwoof

My first brisket was very good, I was a little worried since in was my first official smoked meat besides the ground beef jerky yesterday.
The rub I used I found online at "smokercooking.com", not sure how I found it or why I picked that one, but when I tried to find the recipe today it took me an hour.  I need to start a smoker recipe folder!
The rub is called "Bradley Smoker Brisket Recipe" so must have started it here (I have a hard time finding actual recipes here, I must be looking in the wrong places.)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup paprika
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp ground coriander   
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
Yellow mustard

It was just a small little brisket, I think it was just the flat of the brisket.
I put it in the smoker at about 5 am and we ate at 4:30pm.
This is actually what was left after dinner, my pictue I took after carving didn't save (I must have been distracted by the smell and taste)
The bark was amazing, I might try "boating" next time, just to see the differents.
I served it with buns, corn, baked potato, cole slaw, and corky's bbq sauce (my kids would drink that stuff if I let them!)
Here is their approval of the meal

Tuesday I am going to try chicken, I have three cut up chicken (I cut up whole chickens for the first time in my life) marinating in "Country Chicken" recipe found at bradleysmoker.com in this bag.

bears fan

Looks like next time you better make a bigger brisket becuase those kids look like they really enjoyed it.  I'm guessing there will be a few sandwich snacks tonight and that will be gone before they go to bed.

OldHickory

When the family says you have a hit, you have a hit.  Nice job
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

ghost9mm

Sure looks like you have the approval of your family to persue your next smoked meal, really enjoy watching young folks enjoying something other then fast food...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Mighty fine, mighty fine.

Thats a good lookin brisket for sure.

Looks like you have bunch of happy campers there.

Thats all that matters, the family was happy.

Brisket is my daughters favorite, she requests it every time she comes home from collage, ribs are second.  ::)

DTAggie

Great job DTW.  Do a whole brisket next time.  Also, jump on a butt, family will go crazy!!

Tenpoint5

Looks like your brisket was a hit! It is real easy to find things around here. Just make a post and ask and you will probably have more ideas and answers than you know what to do with.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Keymaster

Looks Awesome DTW, I'm 45 years old and have yet to cut up a whole chicken but I have spatchcocked quite a few chickens ;D