1st Smoke - Tear in door seal

Started by CaptTrips, April 19, 2011, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptTrips

Started my 1st smoke 2 hours ago and noticed smoke coming through a half inch tear in the door seal. I could fix it myself, but perhaps it's best to make the 5 minute drive down the road for an exchange. Maybe I'll toss another $100 on it for the DBS.

Are door seals a common problem for these units? I understand that most will give a wipe after each smoke.

CaptTrips

Keymaster

I've had my BD6 since last October and have had no problems with anything yet :-\ The only problems I ever see is the elements going out once in awhile ;D

GusRobin

Or call bradley and they would probably send you a new seal.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

muebe

I would just take it back for an exchange instead of having to order/replace the seal since you are so close. And save the extra $100 dollars you are willing to spend for the DBS and use it toward the purchase of a PID instead ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

squirtthecat

KyNola

ghost9mm

Have to agree with the last couple of posts, if you are that close...take it back...but if all else fails the seals are available here...

http://www.yardandpool.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DOORSEAL
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

blainetjones

I've noticed the seal sticks pretty bad when opening the door. I've tried using a thin coat of mineral oil on it but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone else have any solutions to prevent tearing?

squirtthecat

Frequent cleaning...   Use some rubbing alcohol after every smoke to clean the seal and where it touches the cabinet.   

OU812

Quote from: blainetjones on May 11, 2011, 03:14:18 PM
I've noticed the seal sticks pretty bad when opening the door. I've tried using a thin coat of mineral oil on it but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone else have any solutions to prevent tearing?

Quote from: squirtthecat on May 11, 2011, 03:34:36 PM

Frequent cleaning...   Use some rubbing alcohol after every smoke to clean the seal and where it touches the cabinet.   

What Squirt said.