Weather cover

Started by Brabus, September 14, 2005, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brabus

Do you guys suggest the cover? Or do you keep your bradley indoors when it's not in use?

bgfntk

I've also got a question along these lines. My smoker will arrive tomorrow, so I've been thinking about where I would actually do the smoking. I live in Florida and have a lanai, that fancy Floridian speek for a screened in back porch. Does the smoker make so much smoke that I would not want to smoke on the lanai? It's well ventilated, but I don't need to be scrubbing black stuff off the ceiling either.

I'm thinking of building a little wheeled cart to house the smoker, and just roll it out onto the back deck when in use, or possibly a smoke stack leading out of the lanai. With a lot of rain and sun during the summer, I'd like to keep the smoker out of the elments.

Scott

"I love animals. They taste good!"

car54

If you keep your Bradley outside where it could get wet, I would use the cover. Using it in a screened porch should be no problem. I have built an enclosed cabinet with a roof vent for the smoke, so I don't have to move or set up any thing.

Brabus

I'm thinking about building some type of cover over it. cuz I don't want to move it but I'm afraid it'll get ruined by rain.

car54

whitetailfan

My first year I bought the Bradley in Feb.  There was pretty much no snow after that, and it lived on my uncovered deck, with one of those silver BBQ/grill covers that was too big for it, but worked.  For Christmas next year I got the cover as a gift.  Unfortunately, I also got a rolling stand my brother welded up, and now I roll it in and out of the garage, so my cover never gets used.

Whitetails long winded final rule - If its going to live uncovered outside, the Bradley cover is form fitting and the best alternative to a junky old tarp or other cover - worth the money.  If it lives inside, don't bother with anything.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Phone Guy

I have a cover I bought when I bought the smoker. I use it all the time. It keeps the dust and everything else off the BS. It gets 110 plus up here and the cover is faded on top but its holding up just fine. I think its a fairly inexpensive investment for a little extra insurance. I would recommend it even if its in a covered area.

Oldman

Scott, as stated you will have no problem on the porch. In fact given our rainy summer afternoons it is a good place for it.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!