Time to make some jerky!!!

Started by jaeger, September 25, 2005, 03:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeger

Here is an online catalog from LEM Products. They have some nice items that would be very useful. I would recommend ordering the catalog for anyone interested. It is posted on the bottom of the home page.
What I like is the seasoning kits for 10 and 25 pound batches. They also sell callogen casings.
<font size="3"><font color="blue"><b>Another thing that I see they have, under "Jerky Maker" -(page 3)they have a "Gun barrel stomper" for packing in the meat on a jerky gun/cannon</b></font id="blue">.</font id="size3"> These come in very handy. Also a nice size brush for clean up.
Check it out if you are planning on making jerky, deer hunting or have some venison to clean up on before the next opener.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

calatexmex

I purchased the LEM jerky cannon from bass pro shops. That thing is amazing. I can make an entire bradly rack full of beef sticks with one load. I have a regular jerky shooter but I doubt that I will ever use it again. I plan on trying this thing out on stuffing sausage casings too. Will check out the web site for the stomper that would be handy to have.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Mike C

calatexmex

Just checked out the LEM site. Stompers are sold out. Gotta check back another time.[:(]

Mike C

psdubl07

Cal, how about a link?  I looked at the BPS website and there are 19 LEM products, but I don't see the Jerky Cannon.

bubbagump

Cabela's sells the exact same thing called the Jerky Blaster. I purchased one and it is excellent. It comes with a cleaning brush and various nozzles. I was suprised to find it also included a barrel stomper as well.

Cabela's price is 39.99

Bubbagump

calatexmex

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by psdubl07</i>
<br />Cal, how about a link?  I looked at the BPS website and there are 19 LEM products, but I don't see the Jerky Cannon.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

http://www2.mailordercentral.com/lemproducts/prodinfo.asp?number=468&variation=&aitem=33&mitem=37

Here is your link to LEM jerky cannon. It say's that its out of stock though [:(] I got mine at my local Bass Pro Shops.

Mike C

psdubl07

Thanks guys, I'll check them both out.

Bubba, I see the Blaster on Cabela's, but it's $79.99 [:0]

They also have the Blaster's "little brother", the Pistol for $24.99

I'm assuming you're talking about the 1st one though.  How'd you get it so cheap?

P.S.  I tried posting the links, but it won't show the whole thing, too long or something...

calatexmex

I paid about $49 at my local bass pro shops. I'm one of the lucky ones I've got one right around the corner. LEM has it for the same price plus shipping. When they get it in stock that is.

Mike C

psdubl07

Hmmm, is it a pain to squeeze the jerky out?  Looks like the reason the Cabela's one is more expensive is because it's battery operated and shoots the jerky out with an easy squeezy trigger.

jaeger

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">psdubl07 Posted - 29 Sep 2005 : 20:43:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hmmm, is it a pain to squeeze the jerky out? Looks like the reason the Cabela's one is more expensive is because it's battery operated and shoots the jerky out with an easy squeezy trigger. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't have the battery powered and yes sometimes it does get kind of hard to squeeze out the meat onto the screens. I usually add a little more water than I normally would. This helps a lot and the extra moisture dries out during the cook anyway.
It is definitely time to make a batch soon!!![:p]

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

calatexmex

I personally haven't had  a problem with ease of use. However the battery powerd one sound great. But I am a gadget addict[8D]

Mike C

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by psdubl07</i>
<br />
Bubba, I see the Blaster on Cabela's, but it's $79.99 [:0]

They also have the Blaster's "little brother", the Pistol for $24.99

I'm assuming you're talking about the 1st one though.  How'd you get it so cheap?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You were looking at the battery powered one. The one I purchased was the manual one. It's listed on their website for 39.99. It's a really nice set up.

Bubbagump