10 LBS> Of Beef Snack Sticks

Started by devo, April 29, 2011, 05:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Did up 10 Lbs. of spicy beef snack sticks last night. Threw them in the bradley with three hours of crown royal smoke @ 120*F and then two hours @ 145*F and let the auber pid finish it off to an IT of 152*F. Did all this while I slept. I just love that auber pid.
Woke up this morning to this

lumpy

Keymaster

ghost9mm

Darn!! Devo them sticks really look good, great picture..like you I really enjoy my PID...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

devo

Thanks guys. If wasn't for this forum I still would be scratching my head on how to make these things  ;)

Here's a pic of them all packaged up in about 170 gram packages 14 in all for family and friends. A few left over for me to munch on to  :D

watchdog56

OU812

Those are some good lookin sticks you got there devo.

Chili Head

Perfection!! I need a pid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikeman_95

Nice looking sticks Don. You still haven't filled that stuffer all the way up yet. I am waiting for that 25 pound batch.
Your son will have enough sticks to share with his whole class. Did he help with this last batch?
KC

devo

No Kirby he was at his moms. We have a street fair in the summer and I'm going to set him up with a canopy out front of the house and he can sell snack sticks and smoked cheese to all the city slickers. That's when we will make 25lbs plus.

pikeman_95

That's great, get some pictures of stuffing those things. He is going to make a killing.
What size tube did you stuff those with.

Kevin A

Quote from: devo on April 29, 2011, 01:04:05 PM
No Kirby he was at his moms. We have a street fair in the summer and I'm going to set him up with a canopy out front of the house and he can sell snack sticks and smoked cheese to all the city slickers. That's when we will make 25lbs plus.
I cant imagine what 25lbs of snack sticks even looks like! :o

OU812

Quote from: Kevin A on April 29, 2011, 03:07:27 PM
Quote from: devo on April 29, 2011, 01:04:05 PM
I cant imagine what 25lbs of snack sticks even looks like! :o

Its about 98 sticks the length of a Bradley rack.  ;D

devo

QuoteWhat size tube did you stuff those with.
I used the 19MM Collagen casings. Don't think you can get natural casings that small.
Each package has 148 feet and stuffs about 30 pounds.

Its about 98 sticks the length of a Bradley rack.

Well there ya go..........that just to funny  ;D ;D

smoke em if you got em

Man o man thise look good.  I think I really need to invest in a pid.
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill