TWO GALLON 16# MIXER

Started by pikeman_95, April 30, 2011, 09:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

Well after several different tries I have one that I like. No welding but strong enough to do the job.
Here are the pictures.
brass hub and 1/4 inch thick plastic blade.

bucket base locks to inexpensive cutting board.

center guide shaft is threaded to bottom cutting board and plastic lined.

the lid provides the guidance for the upper shaft.

here is the bucket locking system

locked on

most of my time was spent in locating the proper materials.

Here are a couple of short videos to show how it works.

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/NEW%20SMALL%20MIXER/?action=view&current=100_7040.mp4

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/NEW%20SMALL%20MIXER/?action=view&current=100_7044.mp4

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/pikeman_95/NEW%20SMALL%20MIXER/?action=view&current=100_7054.mp4

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

pikeman_95

accidentally posted before I intended to they are there now

Mr Walleye

Great job Kirby!  8)

Looks like it will work excellent.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SL2010

You are a mad scientist nice job

GusRobin

Are you gong to sell the parts and/or plans? If not is there a template for the plastic blade?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pikeman_95

Quote from: GusRobin on May 01, 2011, 05:45:06 AM
Are you gong to sell the parts and/or plans? If not is there a template for the plastic blade?

My thinking is I would sell the parts and let the buyer get the bucket, lid, and cutting boards. I would provide the drive shaft with drive fitting, the drive hub with the mixing blade attached. I would also provide a template so that you can drill your own holes. I have not figured a price yet but will go back through my parts cost sheets and figure out a price.

devo

You the man Kirby, always thinking of a better way  ;)
Nice looking mixer. Gives a guy an excuse to upgrade to a better drill  ;D

ghost9mm

Kirby..great looking mixer, sure looks like it would be an easy cleanup too...and impressed with the simplicity of it...well done.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

pikeman_95

This mixer design could easily be expanded to a 5 gallon 35-40 pound mixer. The only thing would be to make a larger blade and lengthen the drive shaft. I have not made a mixing blade for a 5 gallon bucket yet, but it would be very easy to come up with a larger blade. The drive shaft and hub would work the same.

Kirby

Kevin A

Quote from: pikeman_95 on May 01, 2011, 07:46:23 AM
This mixer design could easily be expanded to a 5 gallon 35-40 pound mixer. The only thing would be to make a larger blade and lengthen the drive shaft. I have not made a mixing blade for a 5 gallon bucket yet, but it would be very easy to come up with a larger blade. The drive shaft and hub would work the same.

Kirby
Very interesting design, Kirby. Functional & practical. I like that.

Approx. how much (lbs) meat does the smaller bucket hold?

Tenpoint5

Looks like it turned out really good Kirby!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Kevin A on May 01, 2011, 08:05:10 AM

Kirby

Kevin from the title of the thread I am going to guess it will hold and mix about 16 pounds.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pikeman_95

Quote from: Kevin A on May 01, 2011, 08:05:10 AM

Kirby

It is a 2 gallon bucket and at about 8 pounds of meat per gallon I feel it would do around 15 pounds. It was designed with the guys that do 10 pound batches in mind.