Need help fast

Started by djkost, May 06, 2011, 12:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkost

I just hooked up my auber ws to my smoker. I left it programed as is from the factory. The problem I have is the smoke generator doesn't work. The oven side comes on but the generator won't work. Help I have a beef roast in there now and need to start the smoker. The current setting on the auber ws is 2 hours at 120 then it is suppose to go to 195 degree untill the meat hit 165 internal temp. The back off to 130 degrees.

KyNola

Plug the power cord from the smoke gen directly into your power source.  The tower should be plugged into your auber and the auber plugged directly into your power source.  See if that will do it.

djkost

Got it now, had both auber and smoker generator hooked into a power strip. Plugged the genertor into it own and it took off.Thanks for the infor.

djkost

which temp is right the auber is reading 120 degrees and the smoke generator is at 170 degrees cabinet temp??

squirtthecat

Quote from: djkost on May 06, 2011, 01:17:22 PM
which temp is right the auber is reading 120 degrees and the smoke generator is at 170 degrees cabinet temp??

I'd go with the Auber.  Where is your probe located?

djkost

I have it towards the front of the smoker. Right now the auber is at 149 and the smoke generator is at 219. I'm concerned because the auber is suppose to bring the tower up to 195 degrees and I'm not sure what the generator temp will be. I dont want a fire?

squirtthecat

The smoke generator only puts out 125 watts of heat.   The cabinet element is the real workhorse.

Your placement is fine.   Make sure it is below whatever you are cooking, otherwise the meat will shield it from the heat, and you'll end up hotter in there than planned.

pensrock

Also make sure the top vent is open and the tip of the temp probe is not touching the meat or the rack.

ghost9mm

What smoker do you have the OBS or the DBS..I don't think you can control the smoke generator with the PID if you are using DBS...I could be wrong..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

djkost

I have the digital smoker. I had to get to work so I took the beef out and finished it in the oven  :-[. The last temps were 171 and 251 the last temp being the smoke generator temp. I understand that the probe for the smoke generator is closer to the heat so it would read higher but thats a differance in temps isn't it. I smoked hams and beef before getting the PID so I was concerned on the temps.