4 hours at 220 and still not done???

Started by Bigbirdoffroad, May 03, 2011, 12:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

Quote from: Bigbirdoffroad on May 04, 2011, 07:33:32 PM
Well, I ordered the PID today. Too bad it wont get here in time to use it this weekend. It was cool that Auber takes Paypal, that way my wife won't know about the purchase.  ;D I'm going to try to make pastrami on Saturday for Ruebins on Sunday. Let's hope it turns out good. Going to stick a thermometer down the vent to see what temp I really have. Wish me luck!!!!

Thanks for the info!

Single or dual probe?
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Bigbirdoffroad

Quote from: muebe on May 04, 2011, 09:30:24 PM
Well, I ordered the PID today. Too bad it wont get here in time to use it this weekend. It was cool that Auber takes Paypal, that way my wife won't know about the purchase.  ;D I'm going to try to make pastrami on Saturday for Ruebins on Sunday. Let's hope it turns out good. Going to stick a thermometer down the vent to see what temp I really have. Wish me luck!!!!

Thanks for the info!

Single or dual probe?
Dual probe. Seemed like a better idea. I like to know when my foods temp. Just makes it eaiser.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

muebe

Quote from: Bigbirdoffroad on May 05, 2011, 03:45:46 AM
Quote from: muebe on May 04, 2011, 09:30:24 PM

Thanks for the info!

Single or dual probe?
Dual probe. Seemed like a better idea. I like to know when my foods temp. Just makes it eaiser.

I have a dual probe. You are going to love it ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola

Pastrami!  Now you're talking.  Love making pastrami.

squirtthecat

RAF128

Good luck with the  PID.    Which one did you order?     Did you order the extra cable.    If not, you can use a computer cable.   Your unit will come with directions for hookup and if I can figure it out you should be OK ;).

OU812

Going to stick a thermometer down the vent to see what temp I really have. Wish me luck!!!!

Make sure your probe is just below what your cookin.

Good luck.  ;D

Bigbirdoffroad

I didn't order the extra cable but I have a few spares from old computers. I wanted to make some sausage this weekend but the PID won't get delivered till next week, that's why I'm doing pastrami.

Thanks Fellas!!!
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!