3-1-1 Bradley Smoked St.Louis and Baby Back Ribs

Started by muebe, May 04, 2011, 11:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

Had two racks of ribs to smoke for lunch. One was a St.Louis cut and the other were baby backs. I used the 3-1-1 method for these. I had the two year old daughter choose two rubs. One was Char-Broil's Memphis Rub and the other was Southern Smoke's pork rib rub(Billy Bob's Que). They were generously coated with the rubs and the plastic wrapped for a overnight stay in the fridge. This morning I loaded the Bradley with 3 hours of hickory pucks and set the PID to 225F. After a 10 minute warm-up(I love my new 900w element mod) the ribs were placed in there for 3 hours. Then I foiled them and added a splash of apple juice then back in the Bradley for another hour. For the last hour I bumped the PID temp to 250F then removed the foil and sauced with Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce(I added honey,applejuice, and brown sugar to the BBQ sauce). Oh man what a great lunch. The Char-Broil rub was very good but Mark's rub was EXCELLENT on those ribs. Thanks again Mark for those rubs ;D

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Jim O

- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

OU812

Niiiiiice!!

I would do some major damage on a bunch of them there ribs.  ;D

Tenpoint5

Looks like she knows what she wants on her Ribs!! They look great.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

Really like the looks of the ribs, and your helper there is a real cutie...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill