Why I love my wife...........

Started by tommy kid, September 28, 2005, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy kid

Well, at least one of the reasons why I love her. She totally surprised me the other day by giving me a BS as a gift for our second anniversary! I couldn't believe it. I've been talking about getting one forever, so I guess she decided to shut me up once and for all! I've been pouring through this forum and have found a ton of useful information and insight. I'm looking forward to years of happy use. I think I might start off with some ribs. I've read that some folks like to hang them, rather than putting them on the racks. Is one way "better" or preferred more? I was planning on getting the sausage rack from Chez Bubba anyway (among other things) and was wondering if hanging ribs off of this rack would be advisable or would they eventually fall off when the meat gets tender?
I'm sure they'll be plenty more questions [:)]
Thanks!
Tom

Gordon

congrats tommy

You will not regret it.  You will, however, regret your job and the time it takes away from your Bradley.

I have never hung ribs, but they do turn out awesome.  I do A LOT, of chicken - and they are the best I have ever had.

Do the candy-ized beans and the apple cake to finish off ( and add a high "WOW" factor!

What a piece of work is man!

nsxbill

I like to hang them. It saves shelf clean-up!  I would consider asking the little woman what she wants first...after all, it was a nice gift!  [:D][:D]

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Name Deleted

Boy was that ever a great gift, you have a very great lady to get you the smoker of all smokers.
Good luck with all your smoking in the future Tommy. And happy aniversary.[:D]

All hail the god of smoke

Name Deleted

Boy was that ever a great gift, you have a very great lady to get you the smoker of all smokers.

Name Deleted

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Welcome to the group~~! [:D]

Olds<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"><font color="maroon"><center>He he he he!
[:D][:D][;)][:D]</center>
</font id="maroon"></font id="size3"></font id="Comic Sans MS">

tommy kid

Thanks for the welcome, folks. Oh, the first thing I asked was what she wanted me to smoke first! She likes ribs, so ribs it shall be. With a nice gift like that, I told her I'd keep her around for another year. [;)]
Tom

bsolomon

I cetainly agree with the concept of giving the wife her choice for the first meal.  However, do a lot of reading on this site for techniques for ribs.  Many people have very good results, but there is also a consensus that ribs are one of the more difficult items for which to get consistently good results, and some people make everal attempts before they get them the way they want.  There are several good tips and tricks that people use, so see what you think will work best for you (see topic including bacon in the uppermost rack, hanging vs. rolling vs. flat on the racks, and the "bone twist" check for doneness, among others).  I don't want to dissuade you from your first attempt, but a bit of reading now can save you a lot of disappointment come that first dinner...

tommy kid

Thanks. Good advise. I've been reading up quite a bit. This forum has turned out to be a great source of info for this rookie. As for the ribs, even when I used to do them in the oven, they always seemed to come out differently from the last batch. I'm actually looking forward to a bit of trial and error.
Tom

Cold Smoke

Hey Tommy!

First of all.............Go and hug your wife for all that you're worth- she sounds like a fine lady!!!

Then check out the recipe pages for some awesome rib recipes. Ribs can be a challenge.....Don't be discouraged though. She'll be hugging you back in short order.

Have fun, eh!

Cold Smoke