My health

Started by Oldman, May 05, 2011, 06:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

During the past two years I've seemed to gas-out a lot. I've been very ill for at least two months. One doctor said I had a stroke in my sleep. Another said I did not but had some type of seizure. I went to bed feeling ok one night and the next morning I could not make my body move. As one doctor said there are things about the brain that we just don't understand. It has taken me two months to be able to hold a thought. I had to teach myself how to walk and talk again. I still have problems spelling. It was so bad that not only could I not spell "the" I could not carry on a conversation with my wife. One Saturday I had to get out a program for a company. It was a simple one that should not have taken me more than 2 hours tops. Instead it took me the entire day as I just could not form my thought line. 

Every test known has been run on me and I'm told the results are that of a 50 year old man and not one of 61 years old man.

I will tell you this that this has been a life changing experience for me.  You just never know.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

DTAggie

Sorry to hear that Olds.  Hope they can figure out what is going on.

KyNola

Hang in there Olds, they will figure it out.  In the meantime, you take care of yourself.  We need your wisdom and friendship around here more.

OU812

You got this Olds, stay strong, they will find the problem soon.

ghost9mm

So sorry to hear this olds...the man upstairs has got your back..rest easy and eat well, between you and your wife and the good Lord...your brighter days are ahead...

Gary
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

pensrock

Best wishes Raye, hope everything works out for you.

watchdog56

Sorry to hear Olds. Hope everything goes OK.

Carter

Sorry to hear Olds.  I hope they figure out what's going on soon and can help you.

Be Well.

Carter

Tenpoint5

Hang in there Raye. Remember the Lord will never give you anything that you can't handle!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jiggerjams

All the best to you in this time of need Raye. God bless you.

RossP

Our prayers are with you and your family at this time. The one good thing about the brain is it's ability to heal itself. The new brain sciences are making leaps and bounds in this field. We work with some of the best Neuro Scientists in the world. Check out the book The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doige. Take care Raye we are all pulling for you.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear you are still battling this illness. As mentioned, medical science is advancing at a rapid rate. I keep you in my thoughts.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

Olds,

You have been one of the back bones of this site for years and I know that you have helped many people through your compassion.
I thank you for this. Thanks for your honesty and I am sure that you will have the prays and blessings from many of the forum members including myself.

May God bless you, Brad

hal4uk

Hope ya get back to 100% Olds...

Until they figure it out, you might try to get all the nutrients you can every day...
Sometimes "miracle foods" are better than "miracle drugs"
Could be just one little thing that fights the problem.
Lots of info here... http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

We'll be praying for ya.
Hang in there.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

seemore

Hang in there, Olds.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
The Seemores