chicken on a throne

Started by ruffinit, April 17, 2004, 02:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffinit

hello all!i've got two birds smokin on a beer can tonite.following the s&s book recipe for throne chicken.i've done them before with excelant results so i'm sure they'll be again.i'm doin six total this weekend,[fixin up fiancee's family with birds]also takin one for guys at work,and one for us here.does'nt take much time so i can still get honey do's done,boat ready,and mushroom hunt if we get the rain we need.well thats my plan,you all have a nice weekend,weather is finally getting warm here in indiana,woohoo!

mike

Fuzzybear

But where's the pics?[:p]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

ruffinit

sorry fuzzy,still usin 35mm and i only have printer for pc.i will upgrade but not for awhile.i seen your bird pics.sweet,awsome looking.mine look almost that good[;)] mine all turned out as expected,pretty and very tasty.the only problem as with all i smoke is there's never enough.[:D]

mike

Fuzzybear

That is the honest truth as many here will attest - as soon as it's smoked, somebody is standing in line drooling like a starved dog, then it's gone - 4-8 hours of work just gone!

But it makes you all puffed up and proud when people rave about the chow doesn't it![:D]

Glad they turned out good - I'm doing another 6lb yard bird next weekend - no pics though, I think you guys have seen enough of my face![8D]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

ruffinit

you got it fuzzy,all them hours,then just a few minutes and its gone,and it don't get any better than that.[:D] it does indeed swell the noggin when i hear all the lips smackin [;)]

mike